Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/20 17:19:39 UTC

Re: Still in pain; upgrade from 0.5 to 0.6 (to 0.7)

Have finally resolved my major problems ... but it required operating
against the very lastest SVN snapshot (of 0.7.-dev).

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: Still in pain; upgrade from 0.5 to 0.6 (to 0.7)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> David Crossley escribió:

>> That was me. It was a pleasure to work with
>> the patient Howard to *try* to resolve these
>> strange issues.
>
> LOL

Stupid English language. By "patient" i meant
"someone who excercises patience" as opposed
to "an inmate of the hospital". Though both
meanings could apply :-)

> Thx David for the greetings via Michi. :)
>
> ...bummer that I had to work and could not attend. :(

Yeah it was great to meet the Lenya people.
I spent lots of time with Gregor.

--David

Re: Still in pain; upgrade from 0.5 to 0.6 (to 0.7)

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
David Crossley escribió:
> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>
>> Have finally resolved my major problems ... but it required operating
>> against the very lastest SVN snapshot (of 0.7.-dev).
>

> Hooray!
>
> Take note of the SVN revision number of Forrest
> so that you have a working version.
>
>> Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Worked at ApacheCon with a gentleman whose name escapes me (sorry! no
>>> sleep!)
>

> That was me. It was a pleasure to work with
> the patient Howard to *try* to resolve these
> strange issues.

LOL

Thx David for the greetings via Michi. :)

...bummer that I had to work and could not attend. :(
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Still in pain; upgrade from 0.5 to 0.6 (to 0.7)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Thanks Howard. However, i meant for your own
benefit it would be a good idea to continue
to use a version of HEAD that works for you.
Sure you could upgrade your Forrest from
time-to-time, but be prepared to roll back
to an older version.

--David

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> Looks like
>
> bash-2.05b$ svn info
> Repository UUID: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
> Revision: 105851
> Node Kind: directory
> Schedule: normal
> Last Changed Author: cheche
> Last Changed Rev: 105837
> Last Changed Date: 2004-11-19 12:48:35 -0500 (Fri, 19 Nov 2004)
> Properties Last Updated: 2004-11-08 10:03:54 -0500 (Mon, 08 Nov 2004)
>

> David Crossley wrote:
>
>>Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>>
>>>Have finally resolved my major problems ... but it required operating
>>>against the very lastest SVN snapshot (of 0.7.-dev).
>>
>>Hooray!
>>
>>Take note of the SVN revision number of Forrest
>>so that you have a working version.
[snip]

Re: Still in pain; upgrade from 0.5 to 0.6 (to 0.7)

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Looks like

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: Still in pain; upgrade from 0.5 to 0.6 (to 0.7)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.