Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/28 23:18:34 UTC

Re: ActiveMQ crashes frequently

Hi Mark,

could you produce a test case for your problem - it would help us identify the problem a lot quicker

thanks,

Rob

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
>    often taking 10 seconds to list just 5 files in an NFS-mounted

That  screams network issue.

 + Check your network interface stats for errors  (ifconfig)
 + Check your duplex setting -- many switches do not really do "auto" well. Hard-coding to full-duplex helps, but if you have a managed switch, you need to make sure the switch ports are set to FD as well.
 + Swap network cables (I know, I know.. but its happened)
 + Are you using any centralized user id store for user accounts? A long 'ls' could also be a slow libnss query trying to resolve uid -> user name
 + syslog and 'dmesg' for kernel errors, as Johan mentioned

The error occurring with local disk is puzzling-- are you using any VM technology?

Re: ActiveMQ crashes frequently

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
It sounds like your switch fabric might be the issue?

Those types of hangs should show pretty frequent kernel alarms.

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by fenbers <Ma...@noaa.gov>.

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;wrote:

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; I would LOVE to
        help you help me!&amp;amp;nbsp; But

        &gt;&gt; I have

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;no idea how to go

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; about making a
        test case.&amp;amp;nbsp; If you

        &gt;&gt; could drop

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;some hints in this

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; regard, I might
        be able to produce one.

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; My ActiveMQ
        issues seem to be related to network

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;slowness, which we

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; are diagnosing
        separately.&amp;amp;nbsp; Or maybe

        &gt;&gt; it is the

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;other way around,

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; where ActiveMQ
        problems are causing network

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;sluggishness.&amp;amp;nbsp; Either

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; way, there seems
        to be a correlation, except

        &gt;&gt; that when

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;network

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; responsiveness
        improves, ActiveMQ does not.

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; The problem I'm
        having with AMQ is progressive,

        &gt;&gt; which

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;is even more

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; puzzling, because
        we are not adding to the

        &gt;&gt; number of

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;messages that

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; AMQ has to
        handle.&amp;amp;nbsp; Today, we were up

        &gt;&gt; to 191

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;undeleted db-NNN.log

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; files in the
        database directory before I

        &gt;&gt; stopped AMQ

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;and deleted

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        them.&amp;amp;nbsp;&amp;amp;nbsp; NNN was up to 451, so

        &gt;&gt; 260

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;files had been cleaned up

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; by AMQ's

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; automatic
        processes...

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; Will log files
        assist you in helping

        &gt;&gt; me?&amp;amp;nbsp; I

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;have TRACE level

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; messages turned
        on, so they are quite large.

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; Mark

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; On 5/28/2013 5:22
        PM, rajdavies [via

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        ActiveMQ] wrote:

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;Hi
        Mark,

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; could
        you produce a test case for your

        &gt;&gt; problem - it

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;would help us

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        identify the problem a lot quicker

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        thanks,

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; Rob

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; On 30
        Apr 2013, at 16:40, fenbers

        &gt;&gt; &amp;amp;lt; [hidden

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;email] &amp;amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; wrote:

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt; Zagan wrote

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;gt; Can you please

        &gt;&gt; check if your .log

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;files in the /data

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; directory are cleaned

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;gt; up? On basis of

        &gt;&gt; the information I

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;suppose this

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; behaviour is due to a

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;gt; misconfiguration

        &gt;&gt; of your clients.

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;gt; If this is the

        &gt;&gt; case often broken

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;log file cleanup is a

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; symptom.

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt; I get the same error as

        &gt;&gt; brought up in this

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;thread (KahaDB

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; failed to store to

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt; Journal). &amp;amp;nbsp;And

        &gt;&gt; yes, I also have a

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;problem with the

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; numbered

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; .log files not

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt; all getting cleaned up

        &gt;&gt; (most files are

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;removed

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; appropriately). &amp;amp;nbsp;I have

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt; suspected a client

        &gt;&gt; configuration problem

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;for a long time,

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; but can't figure

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt; out what's wrong -- even

        &gt;&gt; with TRACE

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;logging turned on.

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;amp;nbsp;In

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; the meantime, I

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt; have to cope with

        &gt;&gt; ActiveMQ crashing (i.e.,

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;shutting itself

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; down) about every

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt; two days. &amp;amp;nbsp;The

        &gt;&gt; logs point to a

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;disk storage problem, but

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; I

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; have plenty of

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt; space, so that's not the

        &gt;&gt; issue!

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;amp;nbsp;I've tried a couple of

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; different Linux

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt; boxes and both local and

        &gt;&gt; NFS mounts, and

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;this issue occurs

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; on both of them.

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt; I'm at a loss!!

        &gt;&gt; &amp;amp;nbsp;I'm running

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;5.8.0...

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt; Mark

[...]

        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt; View this message in

        &gt;&gt; context:

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt; http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-crashes-frequently-tp4305407p4666469.html
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;gt; Sent from the ActiveMQ -

        &gt;&gt; User mailing list

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;archive at

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; Nabble.com.

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; If you reply to this email, your

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; message will be added to

        &gt;&gt; the discussion below:

        &gt;&gt; http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-crashes-frequently-tp4305407p4667572.html
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; To unsubscribe from ActiveMQ

        &gt;&gt; crashes frequently,

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;click

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; here .

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;
        &amp;nbsp; NAML

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; mark_fenbers.vcf (360 bytes) &amp;lt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt; http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4667574/0/mark_fenbers.vcf
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; &amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; --

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; View this message in context:

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt; http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-crashes-frequently-tp4305407p4667574.html
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt; Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing
        list archive at

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Nabble.com.

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&amp;gt;

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;--

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;*Christian Posta*

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; http://www.christianposta.com/blog
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;twitter: @christianposta

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; http://www.christianposta.com/blog
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;If you reply to this email, your

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;message will be added to the discussion below:

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-crashes-frequently-tp4305407p4667575.html
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;To unsubscribe from ActiveMQ crashes frequently,
        click

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;here .

        &gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;NAML

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; mark_fenbers.vcf (360 bytes) &lt;

        &gt;&gt; http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4667583/0/mark_fenbers.vcf
        &gt;&gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;&gt; --

        &gt;&gt; View this message in context:

        &gt;&gt; http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-crashes-frequently-tp4305407p4667583.html
        &gt;&gt; Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at
        Nabble.com.

        &gt;&gt;
        &gt;
        &gt;
        &gt;
        &gt; --
        &gt; *Christian Posta*

        &gt; http://www.christianposta.com/blog
        &gt; twitter: @christianposta

        If you reply to this email, your
          message will be added to the discussion below:
        http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-crashes-frequently-tp4305407p4667591.html

        To unsubscribe from ActiveMQ crashes frequently, click
          here .
        NAML

mark_fenbers.vcf (360 bytes) <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4667732/0/mark_fenbers.vcf>

Re: ActiveMQ crashes frequently

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
Ultimately I'm pretty confident this problem is an NFS problem  - and as Johan has already let the cat out of the bag ;) - let me ask the following:

#2, if creating a test case doesn't sound like something you want to get

Posted by fenbers <Ma...@noaa.gov>.

mark_fenbers.vcf (360 bytes) <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4667583/0/mark_fenbers.vcf>

Re: ActiveMQ crashes frequently

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like there's multiple issues...
You're journal files aren't being cleaned up, AND you're getting the Sync
exception?
You get the sync exception on local disk mount? Or just NFS?

If the journals aren't being cleaned up, are your consumers properly
ack'ing messages?

Posted by fenbers <Ma...@noaa.gov>.

      wrote:

        &gt; Zagan wrote

        &gt;&gt; Can you please check if your .log files in the /data
        directory are cleaned

        &gt;&gt; up? On basis of the information I suppose this
        behaviour is due to a

        &gt;&gt; misconfiguration of your clients.

        &gt;&gt; If this is the case often broken log file cleanup is a
        symptom.

        &gt;
        &gt; I get the same error as brought up in this thread (KahaDB
        failed to store to

        &gt; Journal). &nbsp;And yes, I also have a problem with the numbered
        .log files not

        &gt; all getting cleaned up (most files are removed
        appropriately). &nbsp;I have

        &gt; suspected a client configuration problem for a long time,
        but can't figure

        &gt; out what's wrong -- even with TRACE logging turned on. &nbsp;In
        the meantime, I

        &gt; have to cope with ActiveMQ crashing (i.e., shutting itself
        down) about every

        &gt; two days. &nbsp;The logs point to a disk storage problem, but I

mark_fenbers.vcf (360 bytes) <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4667574/0/mark_fenbers.vcf>

Re: ActiveMQ crashes frequently

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
I smelled the word NFS too.....