Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/22 05:48:37 UTC

Build notifications spamin the dev list

When I open my curator dev list folder, most all the things I see is failed
build notifications. I think that this is usually bad for someone that is
coming fresh to the community, where the first impression will be that
there is nothing much going on other then broken code.

Could we look into other ways we could handle this ? Fixing the build would
be the best, but maybe reducing the frequency of the builds or just sending
e-mails to whoever broke the build (and then only have a daily build that
goes to the dev list) ?

Thanks

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Build notifications spamin the dev list

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
I've been fixing them. I fixed a major one having to do with git tags (Apache/Jenkins issue). And I'm working on the other ones.

-JZ