Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2005/02/11 20:25:00 UTC

Apache-Test subdirectory has moved (again)

hi all...

we (uh, I) kinda messed up during the first migration go-round and
Apache-Test has moved once again, this time to a more svn-compliant
directory structure.  hopefully this will be the final resting place, at
least for a while :)

the Apache-Test/ subdirectory of the perl-framework has migrated to a new
location:

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/Apache-Test/trunk

what this means for you is that you need to manually adjust your checkout.
again, I wasn't able to make this happen using anything short of

  $ rm -rf Apache-Test/
  $ svn update

but if you have a better way I'm sure we all would appreciate it.  if you
have any problems with access or permissions, just let me know and we'll get
it sorted out.

and many appologies for making this more painful than it needed to be.

--Geoff

Re: Apache-Test subdirectory has moved (again)

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
> hi all...
>
> we (uh, I) kinda messed up during the first migration go-round and
> Apache-Test has moved once again, this time to a more svn-compliant
> directory structure.  hopefully this will be the final resting place, at
> least for a while :)
>
> the Apache-Test/ subdirectory of the perl-framework has migrated to a new
> location:
>
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/Apache-Test/trunk
>
> what this means for you is that you need to manually adjust your checkout.
> again, I wasn't able to make this happen using anything short of
>
>   $ rm -rf Apache-Test/
>   $ svn update
>
> but if you have a better way I'm sure we all would appreciate it.  if you
> have any problems with access or permissions, just let me know and we'll get
> it sorted out.

Always proves not to rush to update things :) I still didn't do any removes :)

> and many appologies for making this more painful than it needed to be.

Thanks for doing the moving work, Geoff and Justin!

Re: Apache-Test subdirectory has moved (again)

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>It doesn't work for me.
>>
>>% rm -rf Apache-Test/
>>% svn up Apache-Test
>>At revision 153479.
>>
>>it doesn't fetch the new Apache-Test.
>>
>>It seems that only a completely new checkout of the whole modperl-2.0
>>brings it in.
>

> hmm, it worked for me.  justin said something about needing to svn up twice
> on occasion, so maybe that was it - once to update the svn:externals
> property under mod_perl and one to use that new property to fetch A-T?

Yes, that was it. But one needs to run 'svn up' *twice* at the root of the
checkout.

Thanks, Geoff.

Re: Apache-Test subdirectory has moved (again)

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.