Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Sky-Tiger <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/02 09:20:26 UTC

WS-A issue!!!!!

WS-A is becoming flaw of CXF2 now!

Recently I checked the WS-A functionality that supported by CXF. It is not
good!

First, it doesn't comply to new WS-A specification, that means it not follow
the WS-A WDSL binding specification. Please check this
:http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-ws-addr-wsdl-20060529/#WSADDR-SOAP

Second, it doesn't automatically enable the WS-A functionality even if you
add wswa:UsingAddressing into your wsdl file. You must add some additional
config items manually. And it also not enable new annotations which defined
by JAXWS2.1,such as @Action, @Addressing and so on.

When CXF team can overcome such drawback?

Regards

Hubert.

Re: WS-A issue!!!!!

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Mon February 2 2009 3:20:26 am Sky-Tiger wrote:
> WS-A is becoming flaw of CXF2 now!
>
> Recently I checked the WS-A functionality that supported by CXF. It is not
> good!
>
> First, it doesn't comply to new WS-A specification, that means it not
> follow the WS-A WDSL binding specification. Please check this
>
> :http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-ws-addr-wsdl-20060529/#WSADDR-SOAP
>
> Second, it doesn't automatically enable the WS-A functionality even if you
> add wswa:UsingAddressing into your wsdl file. You must add some additional
> config items manually. And it also not enable new annotations which defined
> by JAXWS2.1,such as @Action, @Addressing and so on.
>
> When CXF team can overcome such drawback?

What version of CXF are you using?   CXF 2.1.x passes the JAX-WS 2.1 TCK which
requires that the @Action/@Addressing annotations to work.  The TCK
specifically tests those in several scenarios.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org