Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Murray Cumming <Mu...@BetaResearch.de> on 2001/09/04 10:02:51 UTC

Changing include to include/xercesc - Vote Results

Here's a list of votes from my mail archive, with the most recent votes
first:

Martin Kalen: -1
Bob Vaughn: 0
Arnold Curt: -0
John Mark Newton +1
Olivier Schmitt: +1
Jason E. Stewart +1
Hans Silvisberg: +1
J.J. Merelo: -1
Gary Gale: +1
Erik Rydgren: -1
Peter A. Volchek: -1
Steve Hespelt: 1
Christopher Dam Brunn: 1
Jesse Pelton: +0
David Adams: -1 (said 0, but said 'No')
Murray Cumming: +1
Tinny Ng: 0

Totals:
-1: 5
0: 4
+1: 8
Simple Total: +3

The only list of committers that I have is here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xerces-c-dev&m=99805694327734&w=2
It doesn't look like any committer apart form Tinny Ng actually voted.

I extracted these votes from paragraphs of text, and I am capable of
human error, so feel free to do your own counts.

--
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com

"Jason E. Stewart" wrote:

> "Murray Cumming" <Mu...@BetaResearch.de> writes:

> > > The result is as it has been all along. No one but you is really fired
> > > up over this issue. If you want a vote summary, go through the archive
> > > and count it, and write it up here and if it looks good, threaten to
> > > start committing files unless people respond...
> >
> > I assumed that the guy who started the vote would count the vote. He
> > probably has a better idea than me about who's vote counts. Mine
> > doesn't, and I don't have cvs commit rights.
>
> Yes, but....
>
> Tinny has already said he's agnostic about this topic, so it's
> unlikely he's going to do much.
>
> I'm in favor of the changes, but I'm also too busy to do much (like
> tallying votes).
>
> On the other hand, I do have commit priveleges.
>
> So...
>
> My suggestion stands:
>
> * count the votes, and print us a summary with email addresses and how
>   they voted (Tinny wanted to open this up to all Xerces users, so
>   let's give that a try).
>
> * what are the vote rules?? Can't have more than Y -1's?
>
> * if favorable we need to start the discussion of how to implement the
>   changes. I believe there where two ideas, CVS repos fiddling, and
>   bulk remove, bulk add.
>
> jas.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc@usa.net

Re: Changing include to include/xercesc - Vote Results

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Murray Cumming" <Mu...@BetaResearch.de> writes:

> Here's a list of votes from my mail archive, with the most recent votes
> first:
>
> Martin Kalen: -1
> Bob Vaughn: 0
> Arnold Curt: -0
> John Mark Newton +1
> Olivier Schmitt: +1
> Jason E. Stewart +1
> Hans Silvisberg: +1
> J.J. Merelo: -1
> Gary Gale: +1
> Erik Rydgren: -1
> Peter A. Volchek: -1
> Steve Hespelt: 1
> Christopher Dam Brunn: 1
> Jesse Pelton: +0
> David Adams: -1 (said 0, but said 'No')
> Murray Cumming: +1
> Tinny Ng: 0
>
> Totals:
> -1: 5
> 0: 4
> +1: 8
> Simple Total: +3
>
> The only list of committers that I have is here:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xerces-c-dev&m=99805694327734&w=2
> It doesn't look like any committer apart form Tinny Ng actually voted.

I'm a committer via Xerces-P.

jas.