Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Lindsey Hess <li...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/12 18:46:44 UTC

Samples?

Hello,

  I'm new to Apache Muse.  I'd like to use Muse to simply create a number of topic filters, have a small number of users subscribe to them, and then have the subscribers receive messages when the state of the a particular topic is changed.  Muse certainly appears to satisfy these requirments, but it seems overkill for such an application.  The sample applications do not illustrate how to build an application that satisfies these requirements, and the sample code is somewhat lacking.

  Can someone point me to sample code or a sample demo that may help?

  Thank you.

  Lindsey

---------------------------------

Re: Samples?

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
I believe the wsn-producer sample will fit your needs perfectly - all you
have to do is add the topics names that you want. The necessary WSRF/WSN
definitions are already in place. More info here:

        http://marc.info/?l=muse-user&m=117415120229230&w=2

and here:

http://ws.apache.org/muse/docs/2.2.0/manual/how-to/publish-any-notification.html

Additionally, if you use the Mini SOAP engine (wsdl2java -j2ee mini ...),
you should get a WAR that is quite small. If you're running on JDK 5, you
can actually take out the Xerces/Xalan JARs and the WAR will only be ~1
MB. Would this classify as non-overkill?

Dan