Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Ben Snively <bs...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/21 15:14:20 UTC

Master Server Overview page -- Number of entries not updating after bulk ingest?

I did a bulk ingestion of data into a table (using the importdirectory call
within the accumulo shell).

After doing the bulk ingest,  I can do a scan over the table and see the
data -- but for some reason the overview page lists 0 entries for that
table?

See attachment for details -- The table being used here is testtable.
 There aren't any classification labels on the data at this time.

Is this a known issue (did some searching but didn't find anything)

Thanks,
Ben

Re: Master Server Overview page -- Number of entries not updating after bulk ingest?

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
Right... the number of entries is an estimate.  When a table splits, it
estimates each half gets half the entries, which may not be correct.  We
estimate zero entries for a bulk loaded file.

To get accurate numbers, compact the table.

-Eric