Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Joshi Omkar <om...@scania.com> on 2015/05/29 14:22:45 UTC

NFS service via Ambari

Hi,

I have a HDP-2.2.4.2-2 9 node cluster running.

There are multiple users who want to upload their files from their Windows/Linux desktops onto HDFS either via tools like WinSCP etc. or map the HDFS as a network drive.

I think 'HDFS NFS Gateway' is the way to go but I couldn't find a way to do it via Ambari(I have done an automated installation of HDP via Ambari).
I came across this Hortonworks doc. link<http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.3.9/bk_user-guide/content/user-guide-hdfs-nfs.html>  for starting NFS service but shall I proceed with it these manual changes on a node or can I achieve it via Ambari ?

Regards,
Omkar Joshi

Re: NFS service via Ambari

Posted by Jeff Sposetti <je...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi, You can install + manage the NFS gateway outside of Ambari. These instructions are newer...

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.10/bk_user-guide/content/user-guide-hdfs-nfs.html

For reference, checkout this Epic JIRA about install + manage NFS gateway from Ambari...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-9224