Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com> on 2014/07/27 02:03:30 UTC

4.13 installs

HI,

While it not been officially announced yet - looks like some people are getting in early and there a few errors.

Windows success  383
OSX success 130

failures (number are numbers of errors)
Windows 103 (old installer)
windows 60 - Unable to create tempory directory
windows 60 - Flash SDK download failed
windows 37 - [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032" errorID=2032]
windows 16 - Impossible de créer un répertoire temporaire
windows 11 - The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files does not match the reference value. The file is invalid, installation is aborted.
windows 10 - 所下载文件的 MD5 签名和 Apache Flex SDK 的官方签名不一致, 此文件无效, 安装中止.
windows 10 - 无法下载 Apache Flex SDK
windows 10 - AIR SDK download failed
windows 9  - Unable to load https://www.apache.org/dist/flex/4.13.0/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-installer-config.xml
mac 8 Flash SDK download failed
mac 7 - [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032" errorID=2032]
windows 5 - afe.jar download failed
windows 5 - Não foi possível criar o diretório temporário
windows 4 - Unable to download Apache Flex SDK

Obviously user permission require to create the temporary directory is the main issue on windows and issue download the Flash SDK. Is the "Flash SDK" actually the player global download or the MD5 check?

And for Flex JS:
windows 21 Google Closure Library download failed
windows 11  [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032" errorID=2032]
osx 8 Google Closure Library download failed
windows 8 Flex SDK download failed
osx 5 fileWriteResourcenull
windows 2 FalconJX download failed
osx 2 Flex SDK download failed

Thanks,
Justin

Re: 4.13 installs

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

And it look like the CMS system is broken - that file didn't get published - anyone know how to fix that?

Justin

Re: 4.13 installs

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> If there is no MD5 in the config file, the install script will not try to
> validate the file, so it is ok for some entries to not have MD5s.
IMO it better for the earlier FP to have then as they are less likely to change and the verify is less likely to get broken there and people do use earlier versions of the FP. Perhaps we could log AIR/FP version?

> The fact we're seeing errors validating implies that folks are using the versions that already had MD5s and the MD5 is
> either not updated
The FP 13 one is currently wrong (I fixed the file) but it doesn't seem to be able to be publicised.

> It is interesting that we're getting error #2032 as well.
Yep on both windows + mac.

Justin

Re: 4.13 installs

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 7/26/14 10:51 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Look like "Flash SDK download failed" means the MD5 is incorrect and it
>looks like FP13 had an incorrect MD5 in the installer config - it
>probably changed the same time as the 14 one.  IF you want to check just
>run/look at the checkAllFlashPlayer script in the ide directory. I just
>fixed the config file and added the missing FP MD5s - we're missing some
>of the AIR MD5 as well.
If there is no MD5 in the config file, the install script will not try to
validate the file, so it is ok for some entries to not have MD5s.  I only
did the most recent ones.  The fact we're seeing errors validating implies
that folks are using the versions that already had MD5s and the MD5 is
either not updated or folks are truly getting bad downloads.  It is
interesting that we're getting error #2032 as well.  AIR seems to be
sensitive to crappy internet connections.  The general theme here may just
be that downloading all of these dependencies is just plain fragile.

-Alex

Re: 4.13 installs

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,