Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/28 09:06:25 UTC

[All] Please don't commit while repos are moving

Hi,

please don't commit to repositories, while they are moving to Git.
AFAIK, this currently covers [io], and [fileupload], but possibly
others as well.

We might interfer with Infra otherwise. And, as you possibly are
aware: They are understaffed, and slow, anyways.

Thanks,

Jochen

Re: [All] Please don't commit while repos are moving

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 10:31 AM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/INFRA-12350 for
> finalizing the migration of CSV. I've also asked INFRA whether they can
> grant one of us the karma to do this on our own in the future.

Well, according to the ticket, you can give it a go. If it works, and
while you are at it, could you do the same for fileupload. (Tried
yesterday, but didn't work for me.)

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 6:51 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Don't commit even to git?

That's a different story, of course. But doesn't really match the
"while moving" subject, does it?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Don't commit even to git?

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [All] Please don't commit while repos are moving

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

>  because the old source tree in SVN has to be moved to a new location.

I failed to do that for fileupload and asked Sebb, and Stefan, to do
that for me, 5 minutes ago. (They did that for other components in the
past.)

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello Jochen,

Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> schrieb am Do., 28. Juli 2016
um 11:06 Uhr:

> Hi,
>
> please don't commit to repositories, while they are moving to Git.
> AFAIK, this currently covers [io], and [fileupload], but possibly
> others as well.
>
> We might interfer with Infra otherwise. And, as you possibly are
> aware: They are understaffed, and slow, anyways.

Very good point. Sebb pointed out how to make SVN ready-only. I need to