Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by zhongyi yuan <yz...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/21 05:31:56 UTC

how to use explain function!

Hi,all.Please give me  some example to use explain function.I want to
know detail information about compute weight and Score.

thanks.

Re: how to use explain function!

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Aug 20, 2006, at 11:31 PM, zhongyi yuan wrote:

> Hi,all.Please give me  some example to use explain function.I want to
> know detail information about compute weight and Score.

<http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/
Searcher.html#explain(org.apache.lucene.search.Query,%20int)>

Call searcher.explain(query, docId) and you'll get an Explanation
<http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/
Explanation.html> back.  To see it, output its toString().

	Erik