Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mike Whittaker <mi...@ntlworld.com> on 2003/05/20 23:08:00 UTC

nested bean in form bean, eratic behaviour

I have a bean nested in my form bean, my form bean is really just a wrapper
around this.
I can use my form, the fields are populated with the default values.
But If I make my action (the one the form is submitted to) forward back to
the form it throws a JSPException - no getter for property XXX of type
taglib.html.BEAN

The form bean provides getters & setters to access the nested bean,
obviously returning object type of that bean. Not string!

The nested bean has all the string getters & setters, and they do all exist
and are correct.

The thing is it works and populates the form correctly, but not after being
forwarded back to.

All the mappings refer to this bean.

I'm under the impression you can't simply nest a bean in that way and have
to use indexed or mapped attributes instead?

--
Mike Whittaker

IshHtml text tag UTF-8 compliant?

Posted by Vineet Bhatia <vi...@mac.com>.
We are seeing the following -

When we enter UTF-8 text in

And get a error message the UTF-8 text entered is all garbled up.

We are using the JSP recommended

<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" language="java" %>

On top of each page.

Also we have a explicit

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=utf-8"> in the
<HTML> tag.

This used to work fine in JSP pages. Whats going on??

Am I missing something here?

- vineet