Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Susheel Kumar Gadalay <sk...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/29 08:50:58 UTC

Hadoop shutdown scripts failing

How to redirect the storing of the following files from /tmp to some
other location.
hadoop-<os user>-namenode.pid
hadoop-<os user>-datanode.pid
yarn-<os user>-resourcemanager.pid
yarn-<os user>-nodemanager.pid

In /tmp, these files are cleared by OS sometime back and I am unable
to shutdown by standard scripts stop-dfs.sh or stop-yarn.sh

In core-site.xml I have given property hadoop.tmp.dir but still these
pid files are present in /tmp only,

Re: Hadoop shutdown scripts failing

Posted by Susheel Kumar Gadalay <sk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks