Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Erica Cody <AI...@idpa.state.il.us> on 2006/04/11 20:49:45 UTC

Using Tortoise to get SVN

I am having trouble getting the newest source code from SVN using Tortoise.  I have downloaded Subversion and installed Tortoise.  I created a repository, but when I do the import from  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ibatis/trunk, I get this error:

Error: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/ibatis/trunk': could not connect to server (http://svn.apache.org)

I can connect to http://svn.apache.org directly thru the browser, but not using Tortoise.  What am I doing wrong?

Re: Using Tortoise to get SVN

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
Erica - I see you are at the state of Illinois like I am.  I can use
Tortoise here without any problems.  Here are some thoughts:

1. You do not need to install Subversion, create a repository, or do an
import - Tortoise alone is all you need
2. After tortoise is installed, you'll probably need to configure the proxy
settings (right click in Windows Explorer, then TortoiseSVN->Settings from
the popup menu)
3. Then simply create a directory on your hard drive somewhere, and do an
SVN Checkout from the tortoise popup menu.

Jeff Butler