Posted to user@crunch.apache.org by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/23 06:23:05 UTC

Compiling from source

Hi all,

I am trying to compile Crunch from source but I am not able to do so,
is there any documentation on doing this? I have cloned the project
from the git repository and then run mvn clean install -DskipTests
I have also tried to put the code into eclipse but I had no luck in
setting the project up, any suggestions on this are highly
appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Renato M.

Re: Compiling from source

Posted by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Renato,

By far the easiest way to use Crunch is via Maven. Maven can also be used to set up a project that you can import into Eclipse.

Start off by running "mvn clean install -DskipTests" in the crunch source tree (you can actually probably skip this as you've already done it).

Then just follow the directions in the Crunch Getting Started guide (http://incubator.apache.org/crunch/getting-started.html) to generate a maven project that includes Crunch.

Once you've done that, you can just run "mvn eclipse:eclipse" from within the project that you just created, and then you'll be able to import the project via the normal "Import project" menu item in Eclipse.

If you're really set on not using Maven (although I would really advise against that), the jar file that you're looking for can be found in the crunch/target directory after you run "mvn install". However, you'll have a lot of work sorting out all the other dependencies that are needed (that's one of the things that Maven will take care of for you).

- Gabriel

Re: Compiling from source

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gabriel,