Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Szymon Janc <ja...@apache.org> on 2019/04/02 21:28:27 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.6.0-rc2 and Apache NimBLE 1.1.0-rc2

Hello all,

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of
Apache Mynewt 1.6.0 and Apache NimBLE 1.1.0.

Apache Mynewt is a community-driven, permissively licensed open source
initiative for constrained, embedded applications. Mynewt provides a
real-time operating system, flash file system, network stacks, and
support utilities for real-world embedded systems.

Apache NimBLE is Bluetooth Low Energy 5.0 stack from Apache Mynewt.

This release is coordinated release of Apache Mynewt and NimBLE. Future NimBLE releases
may be released separately depending on needs.

For full release notes for both Mynewt and NimBLE, please visit the Apache Mynewt Wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Release+Notes

Apache Mynewt and Apache NimBLE release candidates were tested as follows:
  1. Manual execution of the Mynewt test plan:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Apache+Mynewt+Test+Plan
     The test results can be found at:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/1.6.0+Test+Results
  2. Manual execution of the NimBLE test plan:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Apache+NimBLE+Test+Plan
     The test results can be found at:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/NimBLE+1.1.0+Test+Results

     Note that this testing is not yet complete and more results will show while
     voting is ongoing.

  2. The full unit test suite for both releases was executed via "newt test all"
     with no failures. This testing was performed on the following platforms:
       * OS X 10.14
       * Fedora Linux 29

The release candidate to be voted on is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.6.0/rc2/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-nimble-1.1.0/rc2/

The commits under consideration are as follows:
blinky:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-blinky
  commit 8cad686874cd2824a5cd483df7254870f8ac5e88
core:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core
  commit eb1d3ec0f486d92887586f60d87f0bb916188515
newt:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-newt
  commit da3758b66fa010cd8db7d5ae60a1a9dfaf97db8c
newtmgr:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-newtmgr
  commit 06ecbd65d47ca1c52b367d2be7f8c3a69d5bd195
nimble:
  repos: https://github.com/apache/mynewt-nimble
  commit 223714cb16c255cfa701929c0de6d7579bfd2cdd

In addition, the following newt and newtmgr convenience binaries are available:
  linux:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.6.0/rc2/apache-mynewt-newt-bin-linux-1.6.0.tgz
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.6.0/rc2/apache-mynewt-newtmgr-bin-linux-1.6.0.tgz

  osx:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.6.0/rc2/apache-mynewt-newt-bin-osx-1.6.0.tgz
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.6.0/rc2/apache-mynewt-newtmgr-bin-osx-1.6.0.tgz

  windows:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.6.0/rc2/apache-mynewt-newt-bin-windows-1.6.0.tgz
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.6.0/rc2/apache-mynewt-newtmgr-bin-windows-1.6.0.tgz

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mynewt/KEYS

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers,
please feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your
votes.

A separate [DISCUSS] thread will be opened to talk about this release
candidate.

--
pozdrawiam
Szymon Janc

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.6.0-rc2 and Apache NimBLE 1.1.0-rc2

Posted by Christopher Collins <ch...@runtime.io>.
On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 11:28:27PM +0200, Szymon Janc wrote:
> [X] +1 Release this package
> [ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

+1 (binding)

Chris

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 1.6.0-rc2 and Apache NimBLE 1.1.0-rc2

Posted by Andrzej Kaczmarek <an...@codecoup.pl>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Łukasz Rymanowski <lu...@codecoup.pl>.
+1 (binding)