Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by xa...@cox.net on 2003/06/02 20:37:27 UTC

Maven documentation

Much of the maven project has little or no documentation, so I have started to write some simple docs, starting with the plugins.  I am going to write them as I find the need.  If anyone wants something specific documented let me know.  I don't have any upload access, so I will be submitting diffs to the mailing list.

By the way, I would like to take a quick +1/0/-1 vote on this idea.

--Gabriel Sjoberg

Re: Maven documentation

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 22:15, Gabriel Sjoberg wrote:
> dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
>
> >However to say that much of the project has little or no documentation is
> >a little misleading. I believe all plugins have a little documentation and
> >that there is a chunk of docs for the core.
> >

> I will not disagree that there is some documentation; what documentation
> exists is helpful.  However, it has been my experience on several
> occasions that the guides have lacked material that would quickly help
> me.  Rather I have found myself poring through plugin.jelly files.  I do
> not mean any disrespect toward the plugin developers or the maven
> developers: I am simple pointing out the shortcomings and offering a
> little assistance.

No one will say no to well written documentation. Write all the plugin
doco you like!

> --GS

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Maven documentation

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Gabriel,

I hope u haven't taken me the wrong way, I'd love to get some more docs
for both the plugins and the core. Please help us!

It'd be helpful to know what people think the shortcomings are for the
docs.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Re: Maven documentation

Posted by Gabriel Sjoberg <xa...@cox.net>.
dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

>However to say that much of the project has little or no documentation is
>a little misleading. I believe all plugins have a little documentation and
>that there is a chunk of docs for the core.

I will not disagree that there is some documentation; what documentation
exists is helpful.  However, it has been my experience on several
occasions that the guides have lacked material that would quickly help
me.  Rather I have found myself poring through plugin.jelly files.  I do
not mean any disrespect toward the plugin developers or the maven
developers: I am simple pointing out the shortcomings and offering a
little assistance.

--GS

Re: Maven documentation

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.