Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by sameer <sa...@c2.net> on 1998/02/04 07:04:26 UTC

dl/setup and Configure

	So I looked at PHP's dl/setup 'cause Rasmus said I should look
at it about setting the SHLIB flags for Paul's SharedModule
Configuration directive. Looks like it requires perl5.
	Should I stick this into 'Configure' ? I can put a wrapper
around it so that you don't need perl5 to build apache but if you're
building apache on a platform which we don't already know the shflags
for, then you must have perl5 in order to use the shflags..

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
President					FAX:     510-986-8777

Re: dl/setup and Configure

Posted by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.on.ca>.
> 	So I looked at PHP's dl/setup 'cause Rasmus said I should look
> at it about setting the SHLIB flags for Paul's SharedModule
> Configuration directive. Looks like it requires perl5.
> 	Should I stick this into 'Configure' ? I can put a wrapper
> around it so that you don't need perl5 to build apache but if you're
> building apache on a platform which we don't already know the shflags
> for, then you must have perl5 in order to use the shflags..

Well yes, it requires perl5 to be available.  That was sort of the whole
point of doing this automatically.  It is a massive hack though.

Perhaps run it for unrecognized platforms and hardwire the right flags for
the known ones.

-Rasmus