Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Tobias Frost <to...@coldtobi.de> on 2017/12/11 23:28:10 UTC

Re: [log4cxx] Release process releated questions

Hi,

Sorry for being late for the party (I was just checking if there is a
new release for liblog4cxx, which I would really apprecicate when I
came about this thread)

 Robert Middleton wrote on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 19:11:09 -0700:

> It's more of an expected behavior - when people download an autotools project
> (e.g. a release tarball) they expect that they only have to do
> ./configure && make && make install.  Many automated build systems also make
> this assumption, e.g. Debian builds, and I think builds for Yocto and
> Arch as well.
> I'm not sure about other distros, but I suspect that it's similar.

As the Debian maintainer for liblog4cxx: In Debian we usually do not use
the packaged configure; The first thing I do is to run autoreconf (or autogen.sh).

Reason, especially when we add new architectures, configue script tend to be quite
outdated so it is safe to reconfigure.

I'd really appreaciate if there would be a new liblog4cxx release ready for the
Debian Buster release cycle :) Many thanks for all your work!

--
tobi