Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Arvind Surve <ac...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/05/01 16:42:19 UTC

[VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.14.0-incubating (RC4)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache SystemML version 0.14.0-incubating !

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache SystemML 0.14.0-incubating[ ] -1 Do not release this package because ...
To learn more about Apache SystemML, please see http://systemml.apache.org/
The tag to be voted on is v0.14.0-incubating-rc4 (8bdcf106ca9bd04c0f68924ad5827eb7d7d54952)
https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/commit/8bdcf106ca9bd04c0f68924ad5827eb7d7d54952

The release artifacts can be found at :https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/systemml/0.14.0-incubating-rc4/
The maven release artifacts, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesystemml-1021/org/apache/systemml/systemml/0.14.0-incubating/

PPMC Vote Mail Threadhttps://www.mail-archive.com/dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org/msg01611.html

PPMC Vote Results Mailhttps://www.mail-archive.com/dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org/msg01690.html

 -Arvind
 Arvind Surve | Spark Technology Center  | http://www.spark.tc/

Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.14.0-incubating (RC4)

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975

Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.14.0-incubating (RC4)

Posted by Arvind Surve <ac...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Josh, we will look at the issues mentioned below in future release. Arvind Surve | Spark Technology Center  | http://www.spark.tc/

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Arvind Surve <ac...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks John, we will address issues you raised in next release. Arvind Surve | Spark Technology Center  | http://www.spark.tc/

there are some issues with the release that can be fixed in the next
release.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
+1 to release

Posted by Arvind Surve <ac...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi John,
Can you please look at my response and advise?

-Arvind----------- Arvind Surve | Spark Technology Center  | http://www.spark.tc/

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 11:48 PM Arvind Surve <ac...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks John for response.
> Let me try to answer your third question.
>

> > In the samples/images directory you have a bunch of files named "bluemix"
> > which implies IBM Bluemix.  How are these images licensed?
> > Arvind: These are screen shots, we can remove these images.
> >

> This doesn't answer my question.  My only question is how are they
> licensed, I'm not necessarily asking you to remove them unless you don't
> have rights to use them in which case they need to go.  Where did your team
> get them from?
>
> One of the SystemML member created notebook example using through Bluemix
> which is FREE trial version.
> While in the process, person took snapshots so that other users can same
> procedure.
> In short, person took screen shots from Bluemix site and added those
> images.
> Hope this answers your question.

It does.  I would recommend following up with ASF legal to determine the
usability of the images within an ASF release.  I can't tell from SystemML,
but is the only use case to use it on Bluemix?

Posted by Arvind Surve <ac...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks John for response. Let me try to answer your third question.

> In the samples/images directory you have a bunch of files named "bluemix"
> which implies IBM Bluemix.  How are these images licensed?
> Arvind: These are screen shots, we can remove these images.

This doesn't answer my question.  My only question is how are they
licensed, I'm not necessarily asking you to remove them unless you don't
have rights to use them in which case they need to go.  Where did your team
get them from?

One of the SystemML member created notebook example using through Bluemix which is FREE trial version.While in the process, person took snapshots so that other users can same procedure.In short, person took screen shots from Bluemix site and added those images.Hope this answers your question.
-Arvind
 Arvind Surve | Spark Technology Center  | http://www.spark.tc/

> Please see my response below and advise.
>
> For the first section, it doesn't seem to reference any files.  Why is it
> present?
> Arvind: It was part of sizzle.js license, got splitted when license for
> Pygments got added.
> We wil fix it.
>

> For the second, I can't find a "node_modules" directory.
> Arvind: This will be removed.

Ok to both of the above.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Arvind,

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 4:12 PM Arvind Surve <ac...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Please see my response below and advise.
>
> For the first section, it doesn't seem to reference any files.  Why is it
> present?
> Arvind: It was part of sizzle.js license, got splitted when license for
> Pygments got added.
> We wil fix it.
>

> For the second, I can't find a "node_modules" directory.
> Arvind: This will be removed.

Ok to both of the above.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.14.0-incubating (RC4)

Posted by Arvind Surve <ac...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Voting has passed with 3 (binding) PMC +1 votes from     John D. Ament  Josh Elser
  Luciano Resende

Thank you for taking time and verifying release contents.