Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Felipe Schmidt <fe...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/15 11:12:54 UTC

Problem getting Column Family type

Hello!

I'm trying to get the column family type and I don't know why it's not
working.
I try to use the following code line:
Schema.instance.getColumnFamilyType("School", "Grades");

This Keyspace and Column Family are inserted in Cassandra and this method
only returns null. If I try to get some information of the Keyspace
'system' it works.
I also tried Schema.instance.getNonSystemTables(); and it returns null.

I'm using the commit log for some analyzes and the way it get's the Column
Family information using the internal CfId is this one:
Schema.instance.getCF(cfId);

That's why I think I need to use this instance of the Schema to retrieve
the desired information.

Someone has some idea?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Felipe Mathias Schmidt
*(Computer Science UFRGS, RS, Brazil)*

*"Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with
the intend to reply" - Stephen Covey*