Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/28 12:32:49 UTC

[compress] ArArchiver Implementation strange behaviour

Hi,

when working on the Testcases i figured out that a deletion from an Ar
Archive is not as successful as it look at first glance.
For example: my bla.ar file contains test1.xml and test2.xml. I delete test2.xml

The "getNextEntry" Method just delivers test1.xml. Looks correct.

But checking the result file at commandline brings the following:

$> ar -t /tmp/dir26673/bla.ar
test1.xml
test2.xml

vi shows me that there is still the test2.xml entry in the archive,
even when getNextEntry returns null.

Deleting test2.xml and adding test.txt afterward brings the following:

$> ar -t /tmp/dir24825/bla.ar
test.txt
ar: /tmp/dir24825/bla.ar: Inappropriate file type or format

In ChangeSetTest are two cases at the bottom of the file with which
one can easily reproduce this issue (its applied in SANDBOX-183).

Torsten (or any other) if you can't check this out now I will create
an issue for that and check it out later. Let me know.

Cheers,
Christian

Re: [compress] ArArchiver Implementation strange behaviour

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Its now know as:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX-296
I will create a patch fo a testcase quite soon
Best,
Christian

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.