Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Ed Kohlwey <ek...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/02 18:36:01 UTC

Unable to connect to ambari instance web interface

Hi,
I'm attempting to set up a small ambari cluster using the 1.6.1 packages
for SLES.

I am unable to access the UI from a remote machine.

I've gone through running ambari-server setup and ambari-server start.
I'm able to get output from the server UI as one expects by running "curl
localhost:8080". Additionally, if I launch a simple python web server using
"python -m SimpleHTTPServer" I'm able to access the python web server on
8080, so I know that there's no firewall issues.

I suspect that ambari is not binding to all interfaces, just loopback. Is
there a way to explicitly get the process to bind on 0.0.0.0 instead?

Re: Unable to connect to ambari instance web interface

Posted by jun aoki <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ed, I don't know if this help but let me post my experience. I had
something similar but upon JDK debug port. By default ambari uses 5005 when
-g is set.
and 'telnet localhost 5005' let me connect to it (and got disconnected
immediately) but I could not connect form another machine.
I looked into
netstat -vaun
and found that foreign host was set to an actual IP of localhost.
I changed the debug port to another (in my case 8081) or something and I
was able to telnet as well as debug from Eclipse. I have a felling this is
my environmental issue though.
If you post netstat result in this thread, maybe someone can help better?

--
-jun