Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Will Ochandarena <wo...@maprtech.com> on 2015/05/22 23:15:00 UTC

Logo!

Dev team - now that the name has been locked down it's time we started
building our identity by getting a logo.

The MapR marketing team has agreed to fund and arrange for a logo, but in
true Apache style we want to make this a community process.  We will soon
reach out to an agency who will crowd-source the design, allowing everyone
to vote on your favorite.  As a first step we need to come up with a
general idea of what the logo should be - a creative direction if you
will.  Below are a couple of ideas, please chime in with your own.

*Please reply by 5/27.*

1. Represent joining of two worlds/communities
-- May incorporate elements of Hadoop
<http://hadoop.apache.org/images/hadoop-logo.jpg> and Mesos
<https://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/mesos_logo.png> logos

2. Expand on the word Myriad (countless or great number) - maybe write out
myriad with a *myriad* of tiny dots

Re: Logo!

Posted by Jim Klucar <kl...@gmail.com>.
The superhero one could be wearing a Mesos logo on his chest, and lifting
the Hadoop elephant.

Re: Logo!

Posted by Swapnil Daingade <sw...@gmail.com>.

Re: Logo!

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.

Re: Logo!

Posted by Will Ochandarena <wo...@maprtech.com>.
It's nice.  Any idea who owns it?

Re: Logo!

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.

Re: Logo!

Posted by Will Ochandarena <wo...@maprtech.com>.

Re: Logo!

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.

Re: Logo!

Posted by Jim Klucar <kl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Logo!

Posted by Ken Sipe <ke...@mesosphere.io>.

Re: Logo!

Posted by Brandon Gulla <gu...@gmail.com>.
I too like the triangle idea.

Re: Logo!

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.

Re: Logo!

Posted by yuliya Feldman <yu...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Yeah - sorry - that is what I meant elephant per triangle, but to be modest - not in all triangles, since people run other stuff - besides hadoop

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 4:59 PM, yuliya Feldman <yufeldman@yahoo.com.invalid

Re: Logo!

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.

Re: Logo!