Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/10 13:09:51 UTC

distributed facet dates

Hey there,
I am thinking to develope facet dates for distributed search but I don't
know exacly where to start. I am familiar with facet dates source code and I
think if I could undesertand how distributed facet queries work shouldn't be
that difficult.
I have read http://wiki.apache.org/solr/WritingDistributedSearchComponents
but I miss some info.
Could anyone point me how could I start?

Thanks in advance

Re: distributed facet dates

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Yonik Seeley
<yo...@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 7:09 AM, Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey there,
>> I am thinking to develope facet dates for distributed search but I don't
>> know exacly where to start. I am familiar with facet dates source code and I
>> think if I could undesertand how distributed facet queries work shouldn't be
>> that difficult.
>> I have read http://wiki.apache.org/solr/WritingDistributedSearchComponents
>> but I miss some info.
>> Could anyone point me how could I start?
>

> It should be relatively straigtforward and easier than normal
> facets... a single phase (the first main phase) and merge the results.
>  date math relative to "NOW" needs to be coordinated across shards.

Check out FacetComponent.countFacets()

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: distributed facet dates