Posted to community@apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2003/01/07 23:48:18 UTC

subversion (was: fyi wiki statistics)

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 04:48:11PM -0500, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Bah. Use SubWiki, check out the Wiki pages into a working copy, make all
> > your changes, then commit them. Regular commit email sends the full bunch
> of
> > changes.
>
> <<grin>>  Does this mean that Subversion is coming soon to replace a CVS
> repository near us?
>
> Not that updating a Wiki that way is in the spirit of Wikis as I know them,
> but I'm looking forward to Subversion.

A couple days ago, Brian installed some dependencies on icarus and daedalus
to support building Subversion. Next up is to try building it. Assuming that
works, then yes: we're going to enable a Subversion server on icarus, and
we'll have clients on icarus and daedalus.

The Apache Commons project is going to start its work in an SVN repository.
Other projects can migrate as they choose.

(we'll also be upgrading ViewCVS to the CVS version which has SVN support)

Once we have SVN, then we can also start playing with stuff like SubWiki.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: subversion (was: fyi wiki statistics)

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.
--On Tuesday, January 07, 2003 14:48:18 -0800 Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>
wrote:

> daedalus to support building Subversion. Next up is to try building it.
> Assuming that works, then yes: we're going to enable a Subversion server
> on icarus, and we'll have clients on icarus and daedalus.

Ah, heck, I have the privs and know-how to build/install Subversion on
icarus.  (I need to update its httpd anyway.)

I'll take a pass at it tonight unless someone screams before I get to it.

Should we put the client binaries in /usr/local, or somewhere else?  --
justin