Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alvin Antony <Al...@internet.lmu.de> on 2004/07/05 11:14:26 UTC

problem using Commons Validator. please Help

Hi friends,

I am running out of ideas. I already ask about this here  but with out success. I tried it also on  mailing list for jakarta-commons but got rdirected to again here.  I repeat the problem once again , when I starts the application everythings works fine except the validator, it sucks with an error socketException connection refused (a detiled error massage given below). I replace now the references to online DTDs with a local one inside WEB-INF folder.  this works but i am not an absolute fan of absolute paths on a  config file(or can i use relative path there?).
what makes me unhappy with this is, i couldn't figure out the actual problem, i tried to dig into the src code for validator but with out success.

if the problem is unknown :'), how i can turn off validating the xml files against DTD?  i set on the struts-config  init property validate--> false. but didn't work.

thanks a lot,
alvin

>>> matth@apache.org 07/02/04 7:35 PM >>>
Alvin Antony wrote:
  > Thank you for your response. yes the problem is on my workstation
and  has an Internet access,
> through a proxy server indeed. The same setup loads without problems on the server.How can i
 > configure the parser not to validate for schema any otherway to push
this error back. I also have
 > Tiles definitions and they get loaded normaly.

You probably should try the Struts mailing list with this one.   From
what I can see, Struts uses Validator,
which uses Digester, so I'm unsure at which level this setting must be
added.

> It looks like an XML parser is trying to load a DTD, and failing.  Does
> your Tomcat server have outside internet access?
>

> Alvin Antony wrote:
>
>>Hi Friends,
>>              i get a connecton error when i start the struts application which uses validation module . The error message which i get is given below.
>>
>>ERROR org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn  - Connection reset by peer: connect
>>java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: connect
>>	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>>
>>	at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
>>	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown Source)
>>
>>	at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1562)
>>	at org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorResourcesInitializer.initialize(ValidatorResourcesInitializer.java:256)
>>	at org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.initResources(ValidatorPlugIn.java:224)
>>	at org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.init(ValidatorPlugIn.java:167)
>>	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(ActionServlet.java:1105)
>>	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:481)
>>	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
>>	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:935)

Alvin Antony
Software Engineer

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet München
Zentrale Universitaetsverwaltung