Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by mfs <fa...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/20 22:44:12 UTC

Making a wizard - need to use the same form

Guys,

I am working on a user-enrollment wizard, where the enrollment information
is taken in to from two seperat pages (Page 1 followed by Page 2), now i
wanted to use the same UserEnrollmentForm on both the WicketPages such that
the form is stored in the session, how would i go about doing that ? Any
hint on this regard would be highly appreciated..

Thanks in advance and Regards,

Farhan.

Re: Making a wizard - need to use the same form

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> actually i haven't...i am sure it would have the answers to my question,
> between where would i get the code for these components..?

Check out http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/trunk/jdk-1.5/wicket-examples,
particularly the wizard example 'NewUserWizard'.

Eelco

Re: Making a wizard - need to use the same form

Posted by mfs <fa...@gmail.com>.
actually i haven't...i am sure it would have the answers to my question,
between where would i get the code for these components..?

Thanks,

Farhan.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On 10/20/07, Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> plenty of comments in the mailing list archives :) but to summarize in
> a few words: defensive programming.

Yep. And the steps in those examples... well that's probably just a
mindless habit, since those classes are private, final doesn't really
makes sense there anyway :-)

Also see http://wicket.sourceforge.net/faqs.html#why-final

Eelco

Re: Making a wizard - need to use the same form

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mfs <fa...@gmail.com>.
Guys,