Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Glenn Carr <GC...@ConnectShip.com> on 2004/05/14 14:05:04 UTC

obtaining changed files between two dates

As part of our nightly build, I'd like to list the files that have changed
in the last 24 hours.  I'm on W2K.  From the docs it appears that I should
be able to do something like this:

svnlook changed -r {2004-5-12}:{2004-5-13}

But, I get this error:

svn: Transaction '(null)' is not based on a revision; how odd

I've tried several variations of this, all with the same results.  What am I
missing?  Is this possible?

Thanks,
Glenn

Re: obtaining changed files between two dates

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 09:05:04AM -0500, Glenn Carr wrote:
> As part of our nightly build, I'd like to list the files that have changed
> in the last 24 hours.  I'm on W2K.  From the docs it appears that I should
> be able to do something like this:
>
> svnlook changed -r {2004-5-12}:{2004-5-13}
>
> But, I get this error:
>
> svn: Transaction '(null)' is not based on a revision; how odd
>
> I've tried several variations of this, all with the same results.  What am I
> missing?  Is this possible?

svnlook does not handle ranges or dates.  Because it uses atoi the
resulting revision number from the above or any other non-integer is 0.
Which of course has no transaction.

You can do this with the client with:
svn log -vq -r {2004-05-12}:{2004-05-13}

(note months and days need to be 0 padded or you'll get a syntax error).

--
Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken