Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Shashank <sh...@icmg.nu> on 2001/11/27 10:24:55 UTC

removing a Node from XML file

Hi !

I  parse an XML file and display the Node Element name and its current
value and allow User to change this Value.

Behind I maintain an Hashtable where I store this name against the Node
Object and when "ok" asssign this entered value to that Node.

When I try to remove this Node, I get the Node corresponding to selected
Name and call on document object remove child.
This throws
org.w3c.dom.DOMException: DOM008 Not found
        at
org.apache.xerces.dom.ParentNode.internalRemoveChild(ParentNode.java:
594)
        at
org.apache.xerces.dom.ParentNode.removeChild(ParentNode.java:575)
        at
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl.removeChild(DocumentImpl.java:409)

        at
nu.cmg.newAdmGUI.pack.CSDPanelTab$RemoveTagListener.actionPerformed(n
u/cmg/newAdmGUI/pack/CSDPanelTab.java:415)

What is this Poblem is there any code snippet how to remove a Node
Elment from XML file

take care,
Shashank