Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Danillo Paiva <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/28 00:10:45 UTC

Little bug with continue keyword

Hi,

While creating my HTML5+JavaScript+CSS WebApp with Cordova 3.4.0 I found a
wierd, but making sense, bug.

When you have a JavaScript code like:
  var obj = {
    'continue': function(){ /* Stuff... */ }
  };
  // It crashes in the simulators.
  obj.continue();

  // Works fine.
  obj['continue']();

I saw the JIRA issue tracker in the Cordova main page but I don't want to
create an account and I'm not sure where to report it.

Att,
Danillo

Re: Little bug with continue keyword

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.
Jesse wrote:
>Create an account, and file an issue.
>Include what simulators you are using, and the full code to reproduce the
>issue, ie :
>
>  var obj = {
>    'continue': function(){ alert("continuing..."); }
>  };
>  obj.continue();

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7235436/why-they-use-reserved-keyword-co
ntinue-to-name-a-function-in-indexeddbs-curso

It was a reserved word. I¹d personally recommend against using it,
although there is a specification (which I was involved inŠ) which does
use itŠ

Re: Little bug with continue keyword

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
Create an account, and file an issue.
Include what simulators you are using, and the full code to reproduce the
issue, ie :

  var obj = {
    'continue': function(){ alert("continuing..."); }
  };
  obj.continue();

@purplecabbage
risingj.com