Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2004/10/01 01:01:26 UTC

Re: [Patch mp2] $r->document_root($new_root)

> Don't
> forget to make an outstanding note to avoid using that feature (set) in
> any CPAN modules...

that's a bit strong I think.  but a CPAN module that _does_ use this feature
should do something like

  die "sorry, this module doesn't work with threaded MPMs"
    if Apache::MPM->is_threaded;

at module load.

--Geoff

Re: [Patch mp2] $r->document_root($new_root)

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>Don't
>>forget to make an outstanding note to avoid using that feature (set) in
>>any CPAN modules...
>

> that's a bit strong I think.  but a CPAN module that _does_ use this feature
> should do something like
>
>   die "sorry, this module doesn't work with threaded MPMs"
>     if Apache::MPM->is_threaded;
>
> at module load.

Sure, that works for me (+use):

use Apache::MPM;
die "sorry, this module doesn't work with threaded MPMs"
     if Apache::MPM->is_threaded;

I had an idea to write one section, explaining that, and point all those
methods to that section. But on the other hand I think most people will
simply miss the message if it's not right there, next to the definition of
the method.