Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2015/10/22 08:26:22 UTC

[4.6] Issue with removed column in volumes table not being updated

Hi,

Just an FYI that I noticed tonight that the removed column in the volumes
table is not updated when a volume is deleted in some cases.

I plan to look into this tomorrow. This looks like something we will need
to fix before 4.6 goes out, though.

Talk to you later,

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: [4.6] Issue with removed column in volumes table not being updated

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Anyone want to take a look at this PR?

It's quite short. I just needed to make sure that the volume that is to be
deleted is not counted in the used-space calculation (this was throwing an
exception because it wasn't supposed to be counting the volume that was in
the process of being deleted).

With these changes, the removed column is now updated correctly.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Mik, isn't it more generic then the solidfire plugin?

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 8:20 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:

> It looks like this is an issue with managed storage.
>
> I can actually put a fix in the SolidFire plug-in to correct what's going
> on.
>
> I opened a JIRA ticket and will submit a PR once I test my changes (there
> are only a few lines changed).
>
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 1:02 AM, Remi Bergsma <RBergsma@schubergphilis.com
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > Thanks for the heads up. Please file a jira issue with details and keep
> us
> > posted.
> >
> > Thanks, Remi
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > > On 22 Oct 2015, at 08:27, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
> >
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Just an FYI that I noticed tonight that the removed column in the
> volumes
> > > table is not updated when a volume is deleted in some cases.
> > >
> > > I plan to look into this tomorrow. This looks like something we will
> need
> > > to fix before 4.6 goes out, though.
> > >
> > > Talk to you later,
> > >
> > > --
> > > *Mike Tutkowski*
> > > *Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
> > > e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
> > > o: 303.746.7302
> > > Advancing the way the world uses the cloud
> > > <http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>*™*
> >

> --
> *Mike Tutkowski*
> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
> o: 303.746.7302

Daan

Re: [4.6] Issue with removed column in volumes table not being updated

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi Mike,