Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Barry Kaplan <ba...@irisfinancial.com> on 2005/11/02 23:51:34 UTC

Confusing warning

I can't figure out what the below means. I'm running with full debug,
but get no idication as to /what/ is wrong. This pom is as trivial can
be. In fact I copied from another POM and only changed the groupid and
artifactid.

[WARNING] POM for: 'springframework:spring:pom:1.2.6' does not appear to
be valid. Its will be ignored for artifact resolution.
Reason: Parse error reading POM
[DEBUG]   springframework:spring:jar:1.2.6 (selected for compile)

---

<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>springframework</groupId>
  <artifactId>spring</artifactId>
  <!-- Really 1.2.6-SNAPSHOT -->
  <version>1.2.6</version>

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
      <version>1.0.4</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>
  </depenencies>

</project>

Re: Confusing warning

Posted by Anuerin Diaz <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 11/3/05, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> depenencies is missing a "d".
>
> -X should have output this error - you can file a bug for this to be included.
>
> - Brett

im just curious, shouldn't the parser flag it down automatically when
the pom is being read?

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back"

Anuerin G. Diaz
Registered Linux User #246176
Friendly Linux Board @ http://mandrivausers.org/index.php
http://capsule.ramfree17.org , when you absolutely have nothing else
better to do

Re: Confusing warning

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/2/05, Barry Kaplan <gr...@memelet.com> wrote:

> (I'm was using jedit to edit these poms until I generate working eclipse
> projects, and I have not yet figured out to tell jedit that .pom means
> .xml. So I'm not getting any validation.)

Utilities -> Global Options
   Change settings for mode (choose xml)
   Uncheck 'Use Default Settings'
   Add pom to 'Filename glob'

(Or just change it in Utilities -> Buffer Options -> Edit Mode if
you're only doing one or two.)

HTH,
--
Wendy