Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Tomaz Muraus <to...@cloudkick.com> on 2011/05/21 23:51:55 UTC

[libcloud] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.5.0

Changelog can be found at <
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/libcloud/tags/0.5.0/CHANGES?revision=1125822&view=markup>
and the test tarballs are available at <
http://people.apache.org/~tomaz/libcloud/>

Since this release includes many new features and some major refactorings,
please take your time and test it carefully before voting.

It is especially important to test it with your existing code so we can be
sure that all, now deprecated paths (libcloud.drivers.*, libcloud.providers,
libcloud.types, libcloud.ssh, libcloud.deployment, …) still work and the
release is fully backward compatible.

+/- 1
[  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.5.0

Vote closes on Monday May 23, 2011 at 23:59 CEST.

Thanks,
Tomaz

Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.5.0

Posted by Jed Smith <je...@jedsmith.org>.
Versions I have handy, I know they're not latest:

Python 2.6.1 OS X - Ran 598 tests in 1.160s - OK
Python 2.7.1 OS X - Ran 598 tests in 0.968s - OK

Cursory usage against my Linode account worked as flawlessly as ever.
No regressions here that I can see. I have not tested load balancers
or storage.

+1

Jed Smith
jed@jedsmith.org

Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.5.0

Posted by Roman Bogorodskiy <bo...@gmail.com>.
  Tomaz Muraus wrote:

> Changelog can be found at <
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/libcloud/tags/0.5.0/CHANGES?revision=1125822&view=markup>
> and the test tarballs are available at <
> http://people.apache.org/~tomaz/libcloud/>
>
> Since this release includes many new features and some major refactorings,
> please take your time and test it carefully before voting.
>
> It is especially important to test it with your existing code so we can be
> sure that all, now deprecated paths (libcloud.drivers.*, libcloud.providers,
> libcloud.types, libcloud.ssh, libcloud.deployment, …) still work and the
> release is fully backward compatible.
>
> +/- 1
> [  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.5.0

I have tested this release using integration test I have for my lc-tools
scripts, I have tested both head version which uses new imports like
libcloud.compute and also tested old version which used the previous
scheme with libcloud.providers etc. Both tests passed. I've used GoGrid
for both tests.

My integration test doesn't cover load balancers and storage stuff
though.

So, +1.

Roman Bogorodskiy

Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.5.0

Posted by Tomaz Muraus <to...@cloudkick.com>.
Thanks everyone for testing and their votes.

No major blockers or bugs have been found and voting has successfully passed
with three +1's which means 0.5.0 is a go :)

You can expect an official announcement and a release on the website
tomorrow.

Thanks,
Tomaz

Posted by Joe Miller <jo...@joeym.net>.

Posted by David LaBissoniere <la...@uchicago.edu>.

Posted by Tomaz Muraus <to...@cloudkick.com>.

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:00 AM, David LaBissoniere
<la...@uchicago.edu> wrote:
> I found an issue with the Nimbus driver in 0.5.0. The recent change to make
> the EC2 driver call ex_create_tags during create_node() breaks Nimbus
> because it doesn't support tags and returns a server error.
>
> I have attached a patch which fixes the issue and which I have tested
> against a Nimbus cloud. It just makes the tag methods passthroughs.

I think we should target doing a 0.5.1 release next week if there
aren't any significant bugs found in  other drivers.

For 0.5.0 itself, +1 to release.

Tested on OSX against Rackspace and EC2 -- No regressions that I saw
in my testing except that parts of the rackspace api are down right
now :-/

Noticed a few issues like unused variables/imports in pyflakes, but
none look terrible and I'll try to fix them before 0.5.1.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.5.0

Posted by David LaBissoniere <la...@uchicago.edu>.