Posted to user@pig.apache.org by rituparna sinha <ri...@heritageit.edu> on 2016/06/04 11:03:39 UTC

pig-hbase isuues : Unknown container

Hello,
            I have an issue regarding storing data in hbase-1.1.4 table
using pig-0.15.0. I have a hadoop-2.5.1 cluster with 1 master and 1
datanode. In the master I have installed hbase in pseudo distributed mode.
I have issued load (from hdfs) and dump command in pig grunt shell
successfully. But failed to issue store command from pig variable to hbase
table. The error I am getting is the following.

mapreducelauncher failed.

Then I checked the resource manager UI and found the following:

*Redirecting to log server for container_<job_id>Unknown container:
Container either has not started or has already completed or doesnot belong
to this node at all.After few seconds this above error page is geting
redirected to another page displaying:   Aggregation is not enabled. Try
the nodemanager at hadoop-slave:53905*

For your information , after searching the net, I have added the following
line in yarn.xml (in both master and slave node)

<property>
<name>yarn.log.server.url</name>
<value>http://hadoop-master:19888/jobhistory/logs</value>
</property>

Moreover I am manually starting the job-history server which is not
automatically invoked with start-dfs.sh and start-yarn.sh.
Thanks and Regards,
Rituparna Sinha,
Asst. Professor,
Dept. of IT
Heritage Institute of Technology

--

*Disclaimer:*
This e-mail contains confidential information belonging to Heritage