Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Oscar Pablo <op...@sgosoft.com> on 2002/04/09 17:19:16 UTC

SSL problem

Hi all,

I've tried to create an infrastructure to allow to automatically configure the SSL communication with SOAP. My problem is that the creation of the keystores and certificates using keytool is not possible with different versions of JDK (keytool).
For example, I'm using JDK 1.3.0 on the client side to generate the keystore and certificate, and JDK 1.4.0 to do the same on the server side. I got an error on the client side saying "KeyPairGenerator not available".
I've been searching for this error in several mailing lists and I got the reply that this was because of different JDK versions.
My question is: Is there any way to create, import and export a certificate on both sides with keytool having diferent JDK versions, without problems? If this is not possible, is there any solution to this problem other than changing JDK versions?

Thanks a lot,

Óscar