Posted to users@maven.apache.org by yuubouna <yu...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/17 06:45:01 UTC

org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist

I am setting up a multiple module using Maven 2.
then when executing mvn:package -> to install the artifact (JAR File) in
local Maven repo
I recieved the following error in console:

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not
exist or
 no valid version could be found

I checked out my local repo, org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin is
in there.

anyone knows the solution to these?

- yuubouna

Re: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist

Posted by yuubouna <yu...@gmail.com>.
got it!

my m2 repo is broken, I replaced it with new repo.

old repo:
.m2
   repository_     -> just to disregard the old repo

new repo
 .m2
   repository

then even without writting the <build> in pom.xml attribute in dependency
it will work. ;-)

Re: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not exist

Posted by yuubouna <yu...@gmail.com>.

yuubouna wrote:

> I am setting up a multiple module using Maven 2.
> then when executing mvn:package -> to install the artifact (JAR File) in
> local Maven repo
> I recieved the following error in console:
>
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not
> exist or
>  no valid version could be found
>
> I checked out my local repo, org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin is
> in there.
>
> anyone knows the solution to these?
>
> - yuubouna

i also got
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin' does not exist error

solved this by adding the ff, snippet in parent pom.xml
  <build>
    <plugins>
        <plugin>
            <version>2.0-beta-5</version>
        </plugin>
        <plugin>
            <version>2.0</version>
        </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

do i relly need to add this code, I think, It can run successfully without
adding the ff plugin???
mmm..

Posted by allan ramirez <aq...@gmail.com>.
If your maven is newly installed then append -U in your command, but if not,
try to remove your local repository if it is not a problem to you and let
maven redownload your artifacts.

-allan

On 1/17/07, yuubouna <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am setting up a multiple module using Maven 2.
> then when executing mvn:package -> to install the artifact (JAR File) in
> local Maven repo
> I recieved the following error in console:
>
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not
> exist or
> no valid version could be found
>
> I checked out my local repo, org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin is
> in there.
>
> anyone knows the solution to these?
>
> - yuubouna

- alramirez