Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2015/01/02 15:47:52 UTC

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC2

Hi,

this vote in canceled to fix the problems discovered by sebb.
I will waint until the XN-- entries are added before I roll out a new RC.

Thanks!
Benedikt

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC2

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I've made quite a bit of progress.

However the IANA text file merges all the TLDs into one file - there
is no indication of whether the TLD is a country code or not.
This does not matter for ASCII codes, because they are easy to recognise.
Unfortunately it looks as though the only way to distinguish them is
to scan the HTML version of the file and check the Type column.
Not sure it is possible to automate this without a lot of work, so it
may take a bit longer that I had hoped.