Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Sebastien Brisard <se...@m4x.org> on 2011/05/19 20:10:59 UTC

[math] Silly questions about commiting code

Dear all,
following our previous discussions, I'm ready to commit some code regarding
iterative linear solvers. I've read through the Apache web pages on the
subject, but I still have some very silly questions (I do apologize in
advance).
1. Checkstyle complains about a missing version number in my files. Looking at
other files, I found that this @version tag has a very specific format, I
suppose it's attributed automatically. If so, how do I do that?
2. How do I commit whole new classes ? As patches, or simply as attached .java
files in a jira post ?
I told you that the level of my questions would be desperately low...
Thanks for your help anyway,
Sébastien Brisard

PS: I've already sent my ICLA, so that's done, at least

Re: [math] Silly questions about commiting code

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 20/05/2011 02:47, Konstantin Kolinko a écrit :
> 2011/5/20 Gilles Sadowski<gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>:
>> Hello.
>>
>>> following our previous discussions, I'm ready to commit some code regarding
>>> iterative linear solvers. I've read through the Apache web pages on the
>>> subject, but I still have some very silly questions (I do apologize in
>>> advance).
>>> 1. Checkstyle complains about a missing version number in my files. Looking at
>>> other files, I found that this @version tag has a very specific format, I
>>> suppose it's attributed automatically. If so, how do I do that?
>>
>>   @version $Id$
>>
>> [Checkstyle will still complain because it expects "$Revision$ $Date$"
>> instead of "$Id$" but this rule is probably going to be changed soon.]
>>

> Do not forget to add svn properties on the new file:
> svn:keywords = Id
> svn:eol-style = native

Sébastien does not have commit access, so he can only attach files to
Jira yet, without any svn properties.

Luc

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hello.

> following our previous discussions, I'm ready to commit some code regarding
> iterative linear solvers. I've read through the Apache web pages on the
> subject, but I still have some very silly questions (I do apologize in
> advance).
> 1. Checkstyle complains about a missing version number in my files. Looking at
> other files, I found that this @version tag has a very specific format, I
> suppose it's attributed automatically. If so, how do I do that?

  @version $Id$

[Checkstyle will still complain because it expects "$Revision$ $Date$"
instead of "$Id$" but this rule is probably going to be changed soon.]

> 2. How do I commit whole new classes ? As patches, or simply as attached .java
> files in a jira post ?

A Java file will be fine.

> I told you that the level of my questions would be desperately low...
> Thanks for your help anyway,

No problem. Thanks for *your* help.

Best regards,
Gilles