Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Daniel P <le...@yahoo.es> on 2007/01/04 02:07:47 UTC

POS Printer configuration

Hi all,

I am trying configure a printer for the OFBiz POS application.
The printer I am using is a STAR TSP143. This is a printer from the "TSP 100 FuturePRTN" Star new series, that seems to be an evolution of previous TSP600 series. Note that the printer has to be connected through USB in my testbed.

I need to work with Linux, and the printer seems to be correctly configured in Linux using the provided CUPS driver (at least, I can print from other applications).

However, I am not able to print the receipts from the POS application. I am working with the default configuration as checked out from svn.

Shouldn't it work with the "Null POSPrinter" as specified in the jpos.xml file ? (this is the device loaded by default according to the pos-containers.xml file.)

Actually, I didn't find any documentation about how to configure new POS devices in OFBiz, so I am quite lost. Could anyone give me some references, examples about how to do it ?

Many thanks in advance,

Daniel

Correo Yahoo!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.es

Re: POS Printer configuration

Posted by Ray Barlow <ra...@makeyour-point.com>.
I've only used serial printers to date as I was confident they would
work, but I would be interested in seeing your results with the USB
versions as small form factor PCs are getting harder to find with serial
ports!

I've moved the POS page from the old wiki to:
http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/0AM  It has lots of general comments and useful
information and it would be great if you can add your experience with
hardware etc for others to see.

Re pos-containers.xml and it contents they are set by default to point
to "null" devices i.e. software implementations so that you can test the
till application without having to configure a cashdrawer or printer
etc. If you configure a printer and it's not plugged in then it tends to
play havoc with the application due to communication errors. So change
an entry in pos-containers.xml to link in an entry from jpos.xml for
that device as and when you want to enable real devices for testing or
deployment.

Ray

Posted by Iain Fogg <ia...@westnet.com.au>.
Daniel,