Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "Simpson, Jeff" <js...@ifinance.com> on 2000/11/15 19:03:20 UTC

SecureSoap and WebLogic setup notes

I've been using SecureSoap on WebLogic 5.1 machines and have to following
observations:

Make sure that you JSSE jars: jsse.jar, jnet.jar, jcert.jar are at the front
of your JAVA_CLASSPATH not your WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH.

Make sure your xerces.jar and soap.jar are at the front of your
WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH.

Make sure the soap.properties is in a directory that is on the classpath.  I
put mine in the JAVA_CLASSPATH but don't know if this is a requirement.

I think you are best off using JDK 1.3 not JDK 1.2.2 since there is
indications that there are bugs in JDK 1.2.2.

In the weblogic.proprties files, right after the line that reads,
weblogic.security.ssl.enable=true.  Insert the following line:
      weblogic.security.SSLHandler.enable=false

In the weblogic.policy file at the end of the grant block.  Insert the
following lines:
    permission java.util.PropertyPermission "java.vm.name", "read";
    permission java.security.AllPermission;

The JSSE package from Sun that is used to provide the SSL support can give
out very cryptic error messages.  The first thing to check is you URL.  I
took me forever to find an error caused by having only one / after https:.

<outbind://4-00000000DE3AE5D22649D411ACE5000629EE639007008F578FC15B1FD411ACB
D000629EE63900000000430F700008F578FC15B1FD411ACBD000629EE63900000000B0F02000
0/cid:986281621@07112000-3482>
Jeffrey V. Simpson
Senior Software Engineer
iFINANCE
Phone: 202.833.4949
Fax: 202.833.3819

Deploy Service

Posted by Belabbas Abderrahim <ab...@facenet.net.ma>.
hello all,
i have installed
Apache + Tomcat3.1 + Apache-SOAP on NT WorkStation

i want to use the samples in soap directory
when i read the "read me" of Calculator sample i find in description of deployment of service :

****************************
To install this service on an Apache-SOAP listener, you need to make
the samples.addressbook package available on the Apache-SOAP listener's
classpath. Then deploy this service by filling in the deployment
template using the info in the deployment descriptor in this
directory or by using the service manager client:
  java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient routerURL deploy dd.xml
where routerURL is the URL of the SOAP RPC router and dd.xml is the
name of the deployment descriptor file.
i try this but i find difficulties
can some one help
sorry for bad english