Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Guido Wesdorp <gu...@infrae.com> on 2005/03/18 12:14:20 UTC

Tree library released

Hi!

I've just released the tree library I mentioned before, changed the
license to BSD-style just before I placed it on-line. It can be found here:

http://debris.demon.nl/javascripts/tree.js/

(direct download
http://debris.demon.nl/javascripts/tree.js/0.1/tree.js-0.1.tar.gz)

It's a generic tree library that can be used both in sync and async
environments (so one can use it in combination with async XMLHTTPRequest
for instance) and should be quite easy to use (just override a couple of
methods and you're off).

Note that this was a rather ad-hoc release, so the lib currently lacks
documentation (there's some hints in the code) and the API may change in
the future (I wanted to do some refactoring before releasing it but
unfortunately didn't have time).

For now I'll keep development on my own server, which doesn't have
things like a mailinglist and issuetracker, hopefully I'll move it to a
more suitable location later. Bug reports and patches can be sent to me
personally for now (hopefully to a list later), if you want to take part
in development let me know and I'll give you SVN access. My email
addresses are johnny@debris.demon.nl (personal) and guido@infrae.com (work).

If you have any questions, let me know.

Cheers,

Guido

Re: Tree library released

Posted by Guido Wesdorp <gu...@infrae.com>.
Guido Wesdorp wrote:

> ...SVN access...

I forgot to mention that the SVN repo is publically readable
(http://debris.demon.nl:7080/svn/projects for the repo,
http://debris.demon.nl:7080/svn/projects/tree.js for the package) and
there's a viewcvs installed to view it
(http://debris.demon.nl:7080/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi).

Cheers,

Guido

Re: Tree library released

Posted by Guido Wesdorp <gu...@infrae.com>.
Josias Thoeny wrote:

>I hope I'll find some time on the weekend to have a look at the code.

I think so (also because my laptop is fixed now, so I *can* actually do
some work again), if so I'll probably release an 0.2 after the weekend,
but now at least you have a package to work with...

>I assume the helpers.js is not needed anymore?

Nope, I removed the dependency by copying what was necessary from that
file to tree.js, so tree.js is the only file you'd need.

Cheers,

Guido

Re: Tree library released

Posted by Josias Thoeny <jo...@wyona.com>.
On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 12:14 +0100, Guido Wesdorp wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've just released the tree library I mentioned before, changed the
> license to BSD-style just before I placed it on-line. It can be found here:
>
> http://debris.demon.nl/javascripts/tree.js/
>
> (direct download
> http://debris.demon.nl/javascripts/tree.js/0.1/tree.js-0.1.tar.gz)

Cool! Thank you very much.
I hope I'll find some time on the weekend to have a look at the code.
I assume the helpers.js is not needed anymore?

Best Regards,
Josias