Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Radhika Sarang <Ra...@sylantro.com> on 2005/10/11 19:59:20 UTC

Accessing Struts portal via Netscreen

We've installed a Struts based portal on our test system(Solaris box).
When we test inside the network everything works fine.  But if we log in
from outside the network via Netscreen(there is an IP address
translation that happens), the first login page takes over 5 minutes to
appear. But once the login process is complete, all clicks from there on
works just fine.  Another portal(that doesn't use Struts) has no such
problems.

Here's some details:

Servlet Engine: Tomcat (from within JBOSS)
Web Server (installed on an external web server) :  Apache

The mod_jk.conf file on the external web server:
<IfModule mod_jk.c>

JkWorkersFile /opt/tomcat/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile  logs/jk.log
JkLogLevel warn
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
JkMount /adminportal/* ajp13

</IfModule>

The URL : http:// <http://%3cexternal/> <external IP
Addres>/adminportal/Welcome.do

Appreciate any help we can get on this problem.

Radhika
This message is hereby marked SYLANTRO CONFIDENTIAL, is intended only
for the use of the individual or individuals to which it is addressed
and shall not be disclosed or made available to any other party except
with the prior written consent of the sender. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
notify us immediately by replying to the sender of this E-Mail.