Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "shanmuganathan.r" <sh...@zohocorp.com> on 2011/08/01 09:26:14 UTC

About Back_up Master?

Hi All,

      I am running the HBase in fully distributed mode. I want to improve my the HBase configuration. So I move to the Backup_Master. I include the conf/backup-masters file and i given the IP where i want to run the Backup-master. I start the hbase conventionally. The Master is running on the host where the HBase started and the host specified in the backup-masters file.

      How much time it will take to allocate the regionservers to the new master when the active master is terminated?

      Where I see the Backup-master runs properly ?

      Is there any configuration changes in the Zookeeper for this back_up master?

Thanks for your valuable reply......

Regards,

Shanmuganathan

Re: About Back_up Master?

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Inline.

J-D

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 12:26 AM, shanmuganathan.r
<sh...@zohocorp.com> wrote:
>      I am running the HBase in fully distributed mode. I want to improve my the HBase configuration. So I move to the Backup_Master. I include the conf/backup-masters file and i given the IP where i want to run the Backup-master. I start the hbase conventionally. The Master is running on the host where the HBase started and the host specified in the backup-masters file.

Good.

>      How much time it will take to allocate the regionservers to the new master when the active master is terminated?

Depends on your zookeeper timeout, the default we now ship with is 3
minutes (see zookeeper.session.timeout in hbase-default.xml).

>      Where I see the Backup-master runs properly ?

When it's acting as a backup, unfortunately only in its log. When it
takes the role of master, point your browser to it.

>      Is there any configuration changes in the Zookeeper for this back_up master?

Nope, it's all taken care of.