Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com> on 2018/02/02 17:56:03 UTC

Reverting performance improvements for 1.7

Recently Mike and I have made some performance improvements.  We made
these to 1.7 and 1.8 branches.  I am thinking of reverting these
changes in the 1.7 branch and keeping them in the 1.8 branch.  My
thinking is that 1.7 is getting close to EOL, so lets keep it stable.
Mike is it ok if I revert your TableID changes in 1.7 branch when I
revert my changes?

I plan on continuing to make performance improvements to 1.8 and
master after doing the revert.  If anyone has any thoughts on making
changes like this in 1.8, please let me know.

Keith

Re: Reverting performance improvements for 1.7

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.
+1 - looking forward to trying these out

Posted by Mike Miller <mm...@apache.org>.
+1 Sounds good, I agree.  We should be making the minimal amount of changes
to 1.7.  Code changes, even ones that improve performance, introduce more
risk than just simple bug fixes.

I think code changes that improve performance can be made in 1.8,
especially if the plans are to go straight to 1.9.