Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Arvind Dige <ar...@ellicium.com> on 2023/04/03 12:12:33 UTC

Configure Impala with Vanila stack

Hi Team,

I am configuring Apache Impala-4.2.0 with Apache hadoop-3.1.1 and
Hive-3.1.3.
For this I have made some changes in Impala-config.sh so that this file can
track my vanilla hadoop stack.
Currently I have started Apache Hadoop services and Hive services as well.
My next attempt is starting the Impala cluster and access tables stored in
Hive or metadata in HMS. Where I am able to start the cluster and able to
launch the impala-shell as well.
But  when I ran any query about creating databases, I am getting Error like

[localhost:21050] default> create database hiveimpala;
Query: create database hiveimpala
ERROR: ImpalaRuntimeException: Error making 'createDatabase' RPC to Hive
Metastore:
CAUSED BY: TApplicationException: Invalid method name: 'get_database_req'

As we can see the database creation has been failed but If I check same in
Hive shell, the "hiveimpala" database is created there.

Also If i try to use this database through Impala, it will give me error
message
"ERROR: AnalysisException: Database does not exist: hiveimpala"

I am sharing the catalogd service logs for better understanding, and
waiting for your reply so that I can move forward.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/160htRSxatiIOqr3gM-YdfUVb7WCcz_Xz/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,
Arvind Dige

--
Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message and
may be subject to legal privilege. Access to this e-mail by anyone other
than the intended is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient
(or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not
use, copy, distribute or deliver to anyone this message (or any part of its
contents ) or take any action in reliance on it. In such case, you should
destroy this message, and notify us immediately. If you have received this
email in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or telephone and
delete the e-mail from any computer. If you or your employer does not
consent to internet e-mail messages of this kind, please notify us
immediately by e-mail. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure
no viruses are present in this e-mail. As our company cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail
or attachments we recommend that you subject these to your virus checking
procedures prior to use. The views, opinions, conclusions and other
information expressed in this electronic mail are not given or endorsed by
the company unless otherwise indicated by an authorized representative
independent of this message.

Re: Configure Impala with Vanila stack

Posted by Zoltán Borók-Nagy <bo...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Arvind,

In impala-config.sh there's already logic for building Impala with Apache
Hive 3.1.3:
https://github.com/apache/impala/blob/branch-4.2.0/bin/impala-config.sh#L319
https://github.com/apache/impala/blob/branch-4.2.0/bin/impala-config.sh#L218

Did you check it and the related code for "USE_APACHE_HIVE" in the Impala
repo?

Thanks,
Zoltan