Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christian Peter <cp...@rostock.igd.fhg.de> on 2003/01/29 17:12:01 UTC

[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.

Hi all,

I get this strange error message:
[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.

when dragging or creating folders into my webfolder.
This happens with my own webdav module (I finally manged to extract
webdav from Tomcat 4), as well as with the original Tomcat 4
installation. The only difference is that with my module this
happens nearly always, even when I'm simply adding a file to the
web-folder.
As far as I have traced it it is thrown inside the doPropfind
method, seemingly at
  Document document = documentBuilder.parse
                       (new InputSource(req.getInputStream()));

Is that a known behavior, or just a bad configuration of my system?

I'm running jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18 on a win2k workstation.

Thanks a lot,

Christian