Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Ian Ashley <ia...@opentext.com> on 2013/06/06 21:47:23 UTC

Freetext search escaping

Dear all,

I think that the query parser does not handle the escaping properly in CONTAINS searches. The queries below fail at the parsing stage

SELECT cmis:objectId FROM Picture WHERE CONTAINS('Don\'t eat or drink this')
SELECT cmis:objectId FROM Picture WHERE CONTAINS('Do not eat\\drink this')

Regards,
Ian

Re: Freetext search escaping

Posted by "Huebel, Jens" <j....@sap.com>.
Please see section 2.1.14.3 of the CMIS spec.

Text search needs double escaping:
Example:

					A query statement that contains a full-text search for the literal
string "John'sPresentation-Version2" may be
composed as:

					SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE ...
CONTAINS('John\\\'sPresentation\\-Version2')

Jens